Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nelson's Bay Cruise + Easy Country Sunday




Here's to frequent blogging!

After posting not-too-long-ago, I've managed to keep myself extremely busy! On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I joined my entire Year 11 Class at the lovely Whitebridge High School on a 'Crossroads' camp on the lake near Swansea. I had a very awesome time. We listened to speakers about 'teen issues' (isn't that term sooo overused?!), and slept under the stars, made food over the campfire, mucked around, etc.! It was perfect timing as it allowed me to make some great friends and meet most of the class, and I now actually enjoy going to school as a social aspect of my life!

It overjoys me to have Australian friends!

After a short sleep on Friday night I went to Nelson Bay with my host family and Sara (Sweden) and Aleah (US) exchange students, and went on a great dolphin cruise! Although it was my second one, it was very spectacular as the dolphins were in abundance all around the ship, AND I was game enough to go into the 'net' (see photos), where I was harassed by my host brother, a theme that continued long after we left the water. But bruising goes away. And revenge is a bitch. Thats right Jade...watch out!

And for the movie review section of my blog, that evening I saw Ghost Rider. Very interesting that Nicolas Cage is in it; never imagined him as the cartoon/action type actor, but an impressive film indeed. It was what it was meant to be, that is a film, human version of the comic (which I have never read), with lots of action and some great effects, and nothing really more. For what it was, I give it 3.9/5 stars.

On Sunday we drove to a town near Kurri Kurri, which is near Cessnock, to visit Mum's sister and her son. The weather was beautiful in it's own way...very overcast, with fog and a slight mist, something that enhanced the relaxed atmosphere of a Sunday in the country. The land in this area is magnificent! Large hills/small mountains covered in fog, green as can be, with little pocket-like valleys dotted with quaint farms and little ponds. In contrast to the layed back day, I learned how to crack a stock whip! A nifty little scare tactic, a great way to make noise, and a very Aussie ability to have.

And now I'm getting ready to go camping on the weekend! I'm so looking forward to this! I'll take lots of pics!

I'd just like to announce that I am having an extremely AWESOME, INCREDIBLE time in Australia!

See ya on the flip side,
Carl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home